1943 Alfa Romeo 6C2500 Super Sport Pinin Farina Cabriolet
Alfa Romeo made 28 cars during WWII. Six of them were made for high officers of the German Army. This car, with a custom body by Pinin Farina, was made for Wolfram Von Richthofen, a Field Marshal of the Luftwaffe, and is the only known survivor of those six. After the war, the car competed in the 1948 Mille Miglia, finishing 3rd in class. Cooper Technica is currently restoring this car.
1948 Delahaye 135M Saoutchik Cabriolet
This Delahaye 135M, a touring Cabriolet, was built by one of the great coachbuilders, Jacques Saoutchik, in May 1948. The Delahaye features an unusual three-position Landau folding top, allowing a middle position (only the rear seats covered), and rear-hinged 'suicide' doors that incorporate the sweeping fender line. Cooper Technica is just beginning a ground-up restoration of this fine automobile.
1937 Delage D8-120 Aérosport Coupe
One of the finest coach-built streamlined automobiles ever designed, the Delage D8-120 Aérosport Coupe was introduced at the Paris Salon in 1936. Only twelve of these cars were made before production was halted by the war in 1939. After extensive research, David Cooper concluded that this car, shown in a photograph taken outside the 1937 Paris Salon, was owned by Standard Oil Heiress Millicent Rogers. Cooper Technica is restoring the Aérosport and expects to complete it in 2015.
1942 Alfa Romeo 6C2500 Super Sport with original Cabriolet coachwork by Pinin Farina completed in 1946.
A young designer at Pinin Farina, Fedele Bianco, designed this innovative body integrating the fenders into a clean modern look for a wealthy industrialist, Arturo Fumagalli of Tirano, Italy. This car, along with the Cisitalia built by Pinin Farina at the same time, was very influential on post-war car design. Cooper Technica is in the process of a complete restoration of this car.
1937 Delage D8-120 Aérosport Coupe Series 1
Noted auto historian Dennis Adler rated the Delage Aérosport one of the top ten cars of the century in "The Art of the Automobile" 2000. Delage introduced these streamlined elegant touring cars to great acclaim at the Paris Salon in 1936. Only 12 Aérosports were made until production was halted by the war in 1939.
This car, completed in August 1937, was the sixth car built and is the last of the Series 1 design.
1937 Delage D6-70 Rallye du Maroc "La Sauterelle"
Delage entered this D6-70 three liter roadster with custom light alloy coachwork by Letourneur & Marchand in the 1937 Moroccan Rally. Two women drivers raced from Oran to Casablanca, finishing 7th out of 23 cars. The car was named "La Sauterelle" ("The Grasshopper") after its striking green paint color. After the Rallye, the car was displayed throughout France to celebrate the victory.
With the help of Les Amis de Delage, the Delage Club of France, Cooper Technica is re-creating this remarkable car.
Restoration of Vintage Automobiles